07.09.2011

My holiday starts today and I have been looking forward to this for weeks. Sandy took me to the Airport at 6.30am. There was no traffic until about 1/4 hour from the Airport and there was traffic everywhere. It took us longer to go a few klms than the whole trip. We met Andrew and Mary and had coffee with them at the Terrace Cafe. I went through about 9.30am. I walked around and looked at shops as my flight was not due to leave until 11.20am. Bought 2 bottles of New Zealand white wine @ 2 for $A20. Boarded the plane (Airbus A380) and found my aisle seat 48C. The seating was 3-4-3. The plane didn't get off the ground until 12 as it was late coming in from Singapore. The plane was alot quieter than we have travelled before.
Had lunch @ 2pm (Aust. time) and was really nice. Travelling from Sydney to Singapore is about 6500kms. The time to arrive in Singapore should be around 5.50pm (Singapore time). The plane had to circle about 3 times round Singapore airport as there were no spaces for it to land.
We arrived in Terminal 3 about 6.10pm. Got my luggage (1 suitcase) and found the Luggage Storage. I left my suitcase there as it was only $S4.23 for 24 hours. It saved me from lugging it over to Terminal 1 where I was meeting Jean and Sandra.
I got the Skytrain over to Terminal 1 which was just fabulous. Texted to Sandy to say that I had got here. He said to go back & get my case as Terminal 1 would have taxis etc for going to the Hotel and would save time when Jean and Sandra came in.

Back I went via Skytrain to Terminal 3 and retrieved my case from Storage (the guy there must have thought I was "cuckoo". Back I went to Terminal 1 and waited. Their flight was due in at 8.32pm. I found Burger King where I was meeting them. I went to Information and asked about their flight and they said their luggage would be on Belt 9 and was on time. Long time to sit but somehow I missed them. Everyone had been through and there were 4 Hire Car Drivers waiting also for the Emerites flight. I was instructed to go to Information again and have their names put over the loud speaker. As I was asking the lady at Information to do this, Sandra was already there having MY name put over.
We got a shuttle bus to the Concord Hotel on Orchard Road where we had room 662. It was a nice room with a little view over Orchard Road. We went for a walk and came back to have our showers and we were into bed and lights out at 1.15am. It was very humid and hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment