15.09.2011

Today is the last day of my holiday. What a long night it has been. I couldn't sleep at the Airport and I walked around and sat and watched people come and go until there were only a handful of people left.
I got a bottle of Singapore Sling for Simon, some Absolute Vodka for Andrew and Glenmorangie Whiskey for the old boy. I couldn't take it with me but they assured me that it would be where we are boarding by 6am.
The gate finally opened and I went through. My spirits hadn't arrived as yet but I am confident they will arrive.
Finally they arrived and I boarded. I found my seat on the plane and there was a lady already sitting in it and her husband in the middle.
Because the window seat foot rest was broken, the Steward ask them to follow him and he put them up the back. Needless to say, I had the 3 seats to myself (& I wasn't complaining either).
We took off right on 7am and not long into the flight they came around with breakfast which was fruit, crepe with scrambled egg etc, roll and juice.
I thought I would stretch out over the 3 seats and have some sleep, but you know what thought did!!!!
After about 1/2 hour I gave up and I just watched the Fly Path all the way home.
Lunch was served which consisted of Marinated Seafood, braised beef etc, roll and ice cream. It wasn't too bad either. Even had a glass of Chardonnay.
They bought around more food before we landed in Sydney, chicken in herb sauce, cheese & crackers.
I got ready for landing and when I got my bag through Customs, I went out and saw a familar face and was so pleased to see him I know that I was on home soil.
A great holiday but there is no place like home.

7 weeks (3.11.2011) I fly to Tasmania. Now I know I can do International flights on my own and Domestic is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment