13.09.2011

For some reason the alarm went off this morning at 6am!!!! Sandra got up and washed her hair but Jean and me got up about 7. We had our breakfast then we walked down to Marina Quay to the Flyer. The Flyer was awesome. It is 165 metres high and has views from North, South, East and West. The views were better than what we saw on Friday but still cloudy and could be better. Even Sandra came on the Flyer and she enjoyed it. (Even though this photo doesn't look like she enjoyed it).
We shopped all the way back to the Hotel and it is so hot and humid. It is about 34degrees and the sun is out in full.
We arrived back at the Hotel to have another shower and get organised to go to Raffles for our High Tea at 4.30 but we have to be there by 3.45 and we going to meet Ruby.
We got a t
axi from our Hotel which only cost $S6.40. We met up with Ruby and Colin took some photos of us 4.
When the 4 of us were seated for High Tea, it consisted of tiered cake stands for Sandra and me to share and Jean and Ruby to share. There were sandwiches, Lemon Slice, Chocolate Cup Cakes with chocolate cream (yummy), Lemon Madeline's and on a big table were strawberry tarts, scones with clotted cream
, hot dumplings, and just so much. You could have a glass of Champagne for $S18 (which was 50% off per glass) and tea or coffee. We had a waiter on our table and he was so funny and full of life.
After we had finished, San
dra paid the bill & Jean and me were 'somewhat' embarrassed' so we waited outside. Sandra and Jean were going by train to take Ruby back. I decided to go back to the Hotel and change and I would do some shopping. By this time it was 7.45 and between 5 and 8 the taxi prices double according to the Government. Going back to the Hotel my fare was $S12.60. I could have walked back if I had known.
I ended up buying a beer to relax and calm my nerves down.
We only walked about 10kms today.

No comments:

Post a Comment